myTarget is a platform from Mail.ru designed to place targeted ads. Its range covers all services of the company: VKontakte, Odnoklassniki, Moi Mir and others. A feature of the service is the fine-tuning of ad impressions, which allows you to take into account the user s location, date of birth, gender, wealth, hobbies and much more.
In today s article, we will look at what myTarget is, as well as create an advertising campaign from scratch.
How the myTarget platform works
Broad targeting options are the main feature of the platform. The basis of targeted advertising is user segments.
We can find the list of user segments in the section “Audience” -> “External segments”. Thanks to this section, advertisers can set more detailed parameters for targeting, focusing not only on the audience of the platform, but also on other data.
myTarget also interacts with data that comes from all Mail.ru services. First of all, we are talking about the company s search engine itself. By setting up targeting, for example, on VKontakte, an advertiser can filter users by their requests – this approach adds flexibility to the audience setting process.
Along with this, the data received from Top.Mail.Ru is also used. To synchronize them, just go to the section “Audiences” -> “[email protected] counters” or “[email protected] pixels” and use the “Add counter …” option.
Another useful function is synchronization with data from Odnoklassniki and VKontakte. This allows you to customize your ads in such a way that its audience is taken exclusively from specific groups of social networks. This can be done in the same section, in the “OK and VK Groups” tab – there it is enough to indicate a link to the group and add it.
Speaking of location, it is worth saying that myTarget has succeeded in this too – the site allows you to set a radius of up to 500 meters, which allows you to set an extremely accurate range for serving highly specialized and effective advertising.
An audience source can be product feeds – a collection of different data that is used for a target. They include structured information about products and services on the website. This allows you to create unique ads for a specific product or group of products. They are seen only by those users who viewed the product on the site. Surely you yourself have come across this when you were interested in a certain product, and then he followed you all over the Internet.
MyTarget ad formats
There are several ad placement options through the myTarget platform – multi-format, carousel, mobile video ads, audio ads, an OK note with an active subscription, and a premium audience network. We ll talk more about each format below.
This format is a text and image ad that is specially adapted to the placement. It allows you to achieve maximum customer coverage, because it works in both desktop and mobile versions. The functionality allows you to add a button with a call to action, and the placement takes place on all services of the company.
A carousel is a great way to showcase your product in different ways It is displayed only in the mobile and desktop versions of the Odnoklassniki social network.
Mobile video advertising
Advertising in the video format, which is displayed when scrolling through the feed on the social networks VKontakte and Odnoklassniki. The video is loaded automatically, so the reach of users is guaranteed – the main thing is that the advertisement can be of interest from the first seconds. The video itself is best done no longer than 15 seconds.
Although many users have long since switched to music subscriptions that have no ads, some are left with free music. Such advertising appears periodically while listening to audio recordings on VKontakte and Odnoklassniki. Works only in mobile version.
An OK note with an active button
Notes OK with Lead ads. Mobile and desktop ads that aim to improve user experience with a brand. With the help of such notes, you can collect leads through special forms.
Premium classroom network
Perfect for those who need to advertise on a specific domain. Advertisements are shown on all Mail.ru services and partner sites.
Setting up myTarget
Before proceeding with the launch of an advertising campaign, let s register on the service and make some settings.
Step 1: Register
There is nothing complicated in registration, and it itself takes only a couple of minutes:
- We open official myTarget page and click on the “Launch advertising” button.
- In the window that appears, select “Register”.
- Fill in the user data and click “Continue”.
- Go to the mailbox specified during registration and activate the created account.
- The last step is to mark the item “I have read and agreed with the offer” and click “Complete registration”. Also pay attention to other data – edit it as you see fit.
Registration is now complete, you can proceed to creating an advertising campaign.
Step 2: create an ad campaign
After successful registration, the window “Where to start?” Will be displayed in front of us. We act as follows:
- We select “Create an advertising campaign”.
- We select the goal of the campaign, for example, “Traffic”.
- Add a link to the advertised product and write the name of the campaign.
- The next step is to fill in the data of the target audience – this is gender, age and geographic data. It is important to fill in everything as accurately as possible, otherwise the effectiveness of advertising will be extremely low.
- We fill in other data in the same way: ad working time, daily and total budget.
- After all the data on the target audience is filled in, you need to select the format of the advertisement. We have already spoken about them in more detail, so we will not dwell on this, but for an example, take the “Carousel”. We ll choose two options for placement: desktop and mobile.
- Filling out an ad – add the required number of slides, point to a link to them, write headings and an advertising slogan.
- Pay attention also to the slider below – it allows you to change the bid per click. Experiment with it and see how other parameters change – audience forecast and unreached audience.
- After all the data is filled in, it remains to click on the “Create a campaign” button.
- As soon as the campaign is created, the application will be sent for moderation. You can always top up the balance by the required amount in the appropriate section.
After launching an advertising campaign, do not relax too much, as this is only the beginning of the journey. If you are new to this business, you will have to spend money in order to achieve good results. Analyze user behavior and other statistics and your ad will pay off over time.
That s all for me, thanks for your attention!