Quizzes are tests and quizzes that help to get applications from the site, increase audience loyalty or collect visitor contacts. Well-designed quizzes can seriously boost product sales.
How it works and why this approach is really good – we ll talk in today s article.
Why do you need quizzes
Tests and quizzes play a big role in a person s life. Remember how you took tests to determine temperament or mental age. Admit it, wasn t it interesting? I think yes. The creators of such “entertainment” think the same way. Developers are primarily focused on helping people get to know themselves better. That is why, most often, quizzes can be found on entertainment sites, but many use them to promote their business. How do they do it?
For example, we have a company that gets most of its customers through a large internet portal. Various articles are published on it, there is a forum, all the necessary information about the services being sold is provided. All this is good, but often many users of this content is not enough, they are simply bored. It is in such cases that quizzes are connected. Thanks to them, we can get the following:
- If the tests are interesting, then regular readers will attract new visitors who will share the tests with their friends. Thus, the flow of customers can be increased several times.
- Testing can be arranged in such a way that after passing it, the user will be offered the company s products (depending on his answers).
- Quiz may well increase the loyalty of the target audience. The reputation of the company will increase significantly, and sales will also increase.
- Quiz is an effective data collection tool. Work out the functionality of quizzes in such a way that they allow users to leave their mail. From this you can get great benefits – for example, send the user information about current promotions or discounts.
As you can see, the capabilities of such tests are not limited to simple testing. Now let s move on to the fun part – let s see examples of successful quizzes.
We can find this type of quiz both on entertainment venues and on commercial ones. They usually don t advertise anything, but at the same time they engage the audience and noticeably increase traffic. For example, a user takes a test, receives the result and shares it on social networks.
Consider some examples of quizzes:
- Alfa Bank… Take a look at how interesting the Adventure of an Entrepreneur test is. We are offered to go a short way through the city of entrepreneurs, in which everyone can become a successful businessman.
- Website selling cosmetics… On the one hand, this is a normal test, but as soon as we pass it, we will be shown the cosmetics that are suitable for us. With the help of a quiz, we will more quickly trust the company and, most likely, will order products from it.
- Houzz. A whole series of tests that introduce us to the company s products.
We can find similar solutions on almost any major portal. Companies from them come out only as a plus, even though it is entertaining content.
There are several ways to use Quizas to sell your services. The first is to provide the user with products after testing. For example, the website of the cosmetics brand Mixit has a simple skin type test, but in addition to the results, it also offers products that are right for you.
Another way is not to offer products directly, but to involve the user in the business. For example, TexTerra is an agency that offers various advertising-related services. They have a test “Are you good at contextual advertising?” That is, the company offers the user to take a test that is closely related to the activities of the agency.
Another use case for quizzes is collecting contact information, which I have already recommended connecting to my test. It looks like this: the user passes the test and leaves his email, which receives answers. Here you get the most important thing – a person s mail. Now you can send offers and news to it.
As you can see, creating sales quotes is a very effective way to get a customer interested. It is recommended to use blocks like this on the home pages so that users can see the quiz immediately.
How to create quizzes
There are many different online builders, both paid and free. Here is some of them:
Each of them performs similar functions – somewhere there are more, somewhere less. For example, let s see how to create a quiz in the Marquiz constructor:
- Go to the official service page and select “Try for free”.
- As a result, we get to the registration page – enter the data and create an account.
- After the account is registered, we can proceed to creating a quiz – for this we select “Create quiz”.
- In the window that appears, we can create a quiz both from scratch and from a template. If you need a unique test, then create it via the “Start” button in the left column. We will make a quiz using the example of the New Product Hypothesis Testing template – find it and click Select.
- We give it a name or leave the previously specified one.
- In fact, the quiz is already ready, and we can place it on the site, but let s go through the main settings of this constructor. The first tab is “Start page”. Here we can set the format, add a title, background – in general, customize the appearance of the quiz.
- Block “Questions” – everything is simple here: we indicate what questions will be in the test, edit them as we need.
- In the “Results” tab, we can customize the results depending on the answers.
- â€œContact formâ€ is what I have talked about many times. In this section, you can configure the collection of user s personal information: name, e-mail or phone number.
- The last tab “Discounts, bonuses” – here we can connect discounts or bonuses that will be credited to the user after passing the quiz.
- Let s move on to publishing the quiz. Everything is quite simple here – in the constructor there is a special tab â€œQuiz Installationâ€ for this. We open it and select the type of installation. For example, for a website or landing page, we are provided with a code that needs to be inserted into the head block.
As you can see, it is very easy to create a quiz if you use special online constructors for this. Otherwise, you will need the help of a programmer.
Today we talked about what quizzes are, and also looked at how they are designed. You can use them for various purposes – for example, to sell a product, increase traffic, or collect contacts. Well-designed tests are not the past, but a current trend that can bring new customers. Take it seriously and your business will grow.