Search Engine Journal has prepared up-to-date SEO statistics. The 71-item list contains dozens of research related to search engine optimization: organic traffic, user search behavior, link building, and more.
We have selected the most interesting data from the list to share with you.
Organic traffic statistics
53% of all monitored website traffic comes from organic.
32% – Average CTR for TOP-1 in Google Desktop SERP.
26.9% – Average CTR for TOP-1 in Google mobile search results.
91.75% – Google s total global share of search engines.
2.75% – The total share of the global search engine market held by Microsoft Bing.
50.3% – The share of all search queries in Google, which resulted in no clicks.
8.5 is the average amount of organic content that Google shows on the first page of mobile search.
8.7 is the average amount of organic content that Google displays on the first page of desktop search results.
Search behavior statistics
52.94% of users worldwide use mobile devices and tablets to search, the remaining 47.06% use desktops and laptops.
65% of people use their phone when they want to buy something.
39% of shoppers say a relevant search influenced their buying decision.
3 is the average number of words that a typical user uses in their search query.
~ 8% of search queries are formulated as questions.
18% – The number of queries on Google, as a result of which the user changes the wording without clicking on the results.
21% of users click on 2 or more search results.
8% is the number of queries for which the user clicks on a result and then returns to the search page and selects a different result.
75% of internet marketers use content marketing specifically for link building.
1-9 links is the average number of links that are generated as a result of a content marketing campaign.
28% of internet marketers have created campaigns that have not resulted in a single link.
70% of professionals use Ahrefs as their main link building tool. And 51% use SEMrush for this purpose.
34% of experts would call “Domain authority” if there was only one metric to choose to measure link quality.
38% of experts consider the ranking of a site in a search engine to be the main KPI for measuring the effectiveness of link building.
53% of professionals consider guest posting as the most effective link building strategy.
$ 77.8 – Average cost to publish a guest post.
More than 63% of specialists prefer to outsource the link building process.
66.31% of web pages have no backlinks.
Google search statistics
15% is the number of searches that Google has never seen before – out of the billions of searches it receives every day.
~ 1 billion is the total number of devices now with Google Assistant built-in.
~ 2 trillion search queries are processed by Google worldwide every year.
40-60 billion searches are made on Google (in the US) every month.
89% – The difference between the total world market share of Google and Bing search engines.
Less than 1 minute is the total time of an average Google search session (from a query to loading a search results page and selecting any results, and any back clicks to those search results and selecting new results).
66% – The percentage of search queries that have one or more clicks on Google search results. 34% of search queries get no clicks at all.
3.4% of clicks on individual searches on Google come from ads.
0.9% of clicks are on Google Maps.
~ 0.5% of clicks in Google search results come from the Knowledge Graph.
3% of clicks are on images.
1.8% of conversions from Google searches are made to YouTube.
0.16% of clicks are from Gmail.
0.55% of clicks are from Google Shopping results.
25% of total search volume does not include the top 100 million keywords.
SEO and other marketing channels
15% of all monitored traffic comes from paid search.
27% of online users in the world use voice search on mobile devices.
~ 20x SEO has more traffic opportunities than PPC, both on mobile and desktop.
Business expenses statistics
$ 79.27 billion – This is how much US brands and agencies spent on SEO services in 2020.
Google s US Search Ads Net Revenue Down 7.2% in 2020
More than $ 5 thousand. Is the monthly amount that most companies (in the US) spend on SEO.
Local search statistics
Nearly one in three mobile searches are location-based.
2 out of 3 smartphone users are more likely to purchase from companies whose mobile sites or apps customize information based on location.
76% of people search for something nearby on their smartphones and visit this company during the day. 28% of them make a purchase.
About 45% of shoppers around the world buy online and then pick up at the store.
13 minutes and 45 seconds is the time the average consumer spends reading reviews before making a decision.
76% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust recommendations from family and friends.
More statistics and links to original research can be found at source…