Yandex.Q is an online service in which anyone asks a question and will certainly receive an answer. Here users exchange knowledge with each other – you can either ask questions or help other people understand the topic.
I will tell you about how the Yandex.Q service works and why you need it at all.
How does Kew work
The main condition for the full use of the service is the presence of a Yandex profile and authorization through it. You can register with Kew as a regular user, representative of an organization, or an expert in a particular field. Very often it is used to promote the company and direct contact with the target audience. An organization from its page can answer general or more specific questions regarding its activities. Thus, she shows expertise in the field and helps clients solve emerging problems.
Yandex.Q provides several sections:
- The feed is the main page where the most popular and interesting answers from experts are shown. Of course, they are displayed depending on your interests.
- Personal page – belongs to a specific user or organization. The last name / first name or title, short description, logo or photo, contacts are indicated here, if necessary, links to the site and social networks are given.
- Communities – some users gather in groups based on common interests or topics. In such communities, anyone can learn something new or help another user with the search for information.
- New – this section displays new questions from different users, and without sorting by topic (be prepared for some rather specific options).
- Topics – specific topics are indicated here, according to which the questions are sorted. The list is quite extensive – there are social and philosophical areas, commercial, sports, literary, mathematical, medical, and so on. You can subscribe to the section you like.
Why do you need Yandex.Q
Using this service, an organization can solve several problems at once:
- Study the requests of the target audience. With the help of Yandex.Q, you will understand what potential customers of your company are really interested in. Based on the published questions, you can form new topics and write articles in Zen, social networks or a blog on the site.
- Build audience confidence. In fact, a page in Yandex.Q is no different from social networks. Only the organization s responses are published on behalf of a specific employee. So users see that a live person with a specific position is communicating with them, and they realize his expertise.
- Improve the competence of employees. Only experts can answer questions in the feed or communities.
- Get additional traffic. There is no paid promotion here, but under good answers you can attach links to sites or sections with services, channels or social media accounts of the company. However, only experts can post links.
- Solve customer problems. Some users, knowing that the company has a profile in Yandex.Q, ask questions in this service and do not contact technical support. In the future, the answer of the company representative will be visible to other users who are interested in this issue.
- Form a stable image of the company. With the help of this service, you can refute some myths about the organization or the field in which it works. At the same time, the answer will receive wide publicity, since it will appear in the search for each relevant query.
How to verify your Kew account
To provide expert answers in this service, a company needs to go through two types of verification. The first is to create a business profile for the organization, and the second is to grant expert status to specific employees.
Business profile creation
Only those organizations that have a page in Yandex.Directory can create such a profile. To do this, you will need to receive a verification badge with a blue checkmark – confirmation that the company exists. After the account is created, you should work on the design, add and verify expert employees. More information is available on the Yandex support site.
Getting expert status
The status of an expert allows you to post more advanced information about yourself, use links, as well as refute or confirm information from other authors. To obtain this status, you must fill out an application. The link to it is in the menu on the left side of the screen. It is also necessary, of course, for the account to meet a bunch of requirements, which can also be viewed in the Yandex Help.
How to evaluate the effectiveness of the service
You can view statistics on the Kew service in your Yandex.Directory account. The number of conversions, audience and other useful data will be displayed there.
You can also track the progress of the company using the rating. It is formed in this way – how many likes were gained under the expert s answer, so many points are added to the rating. Dislike takes these points away. Their total number is displayed in the feed next to the name of the expert, as well as in the header of the personal page. Organization points are the sum of likes under all posts by employees posted on behalf of the company. In the section of the same name, you can see the positions held for a certain period by both experts and organizations.
What content is suitable for Yandex.Q
The most important requirement for content published in Yandex.Q is expertise. Answers to questions must be complete and understandable, accurate and truthful. If necessary, they can be supported by references to proofs or various studies. However, you should be careful here – the profile can be banned for spamming or posting links that take users to the store. As a rule, only text content is posted, there is also the possibility of attaching photos and video content.
Which organizations should go to Yandex.Q
Large companies will find it easier to break through this service due to their popularity, besides, verification will take place quickly. Small business, focused on a certain region and narrow Central Asia, this process will be more difficult due to the lack of human resources and insufficient publicity.