Promotion of a brand and its services through bloggers is a great marketing tool.
In the modern world, people watch less TV and read newspapers less often. Their main “opinion leader” – whose blog they read or watch – is on the Internet. They are really ready to trust him and follow him.
Such a person would ideally look like a brand ambassador or influencer. Where to find them and how much their services cost will be discussed.
Who are ambassadors and influencers
Ambassador – a person who â€œlives with the brandâ€. In other words, it shares the brand s values ??and participates in its advertising campaign on an ongoing basis.
Influencer Is a collective image of users in social networks with a large and loyal audience. Influencers can be stars, bloggers, athletes and all those who influence people s opinion.
Differences between ambassadors and influencers are hard to find, but they are. An ambassador may not be looking for a profit, he is simply satisfied with the goods or services that the brand provides, which cannot be said about influencers. The latter may not know about the brand at all, relations with such people are short-term (usually companies just buy an advertising post from them).
The Ambassador undertakes to be with the brand always and everywhere while the contract is in effect, and, of course, for such advertising, it is advisable to select a blogger who is included in the brand s client base.
Nano-, macro-, micro- – what influencers are
The most common classification of ambassadors / influencers is by audience size. The number of subscribers is a factor that seriously affects the cost of services.
- Nanoinfluencers have from 1 to 10 thousand subscribers, the audience consists of people who are united by common interests.
- Microinfluencers have from 10 to 100 thousand followers.
- Macroinfluencers have over 100 thousand subscribers.
- Have millionaires over 1 million subscribers. These are real opinion leaders from whom famous brands buy ads.
Whom to choose
On the one hand, the choice is simple:
- if the budget is limited, you should choose a blogger with a small audience;
- when the budget allows, you can choose “super bloggers”.
However, there are factors that can change the choice of a brand:
- Expensive – macroinfluencers and millionaires can charge a huge fee.
- Risks – in the event of a failed advertisement with a popular category of ambassadors, the company loses serious money. Plus, there is a chance that failure will be remembered for a long time.
- Quality – microinfluencers always try to create an atmosphere of trust with the audience, which cannot be said about millionaires.
Where to find ambassadors and influencers
The search for ambassadors should be approached thoughtfully. It is worth remembering the situation when Nike was not in the best position, because a criminal case was opened against their ambassador Kokorin. How this would affect the brand, no one knew. Therefore, it is worth checking the blogger s reputation before starting cooperation with him.
You can find an ambassador (influencer) by posting a vacancy on popular job search sites.
The disadvantage of this method is that the quality of services of a found specialist may be low.
A more reliable way is to use special exchanges or services for the selection of bloggers, or manually search social networks for opinion leaders on the desired topic.
It is important to select an influencer specifically for the field of business. Exist:
- beauty bloggers,
- fashion bloggers,
- travel bloggers,
- food bloggers,
- fitness bloggers,
- lifestyle bloggers,
- let s play bloggers – (+ streamers),
- auto bloggers,
- movie bloggers.
They can be found on platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, Instagram, TikTok.
YouTube is a platform known to everyone and everyone, here you can easily find someone who will be interesting to watch.
- Auto… Currently one of the most popular categories on YouTube. Bloggers on this topic should be contacted by automotive brands and all those associated with this area. Bright representatives of this theme: Academeg, Erik Davidovich, Zhekich Dubrovsky.
- Let s play… The main job of bloggers in this area is to play games and comment on their actions. The topic is suitable for promoting computer games, online services.
- Lifestyle. The bulk of the bloggers on YouTube are in the lifestyle field. Travel bloggers, fashion bloggers, etc. also fall into this category. Bloggers on this topic regularly release posts and videos about their life and hobby.
Instagram – prevails here: viners, celebrities, photobloggers.
- Weiners (prankers) – these people migrated from the previously famous Vine site. Vines are short funny videos that are entertaining and addictive.
- Celebrity – in their profiles, you can find information about the life of a celebrity.
- Photobloggers – all of their content consists of photos on a specific topic.
Twitch and TikTok are platforms that quickly spread across the world. Here you can find streamers, viners, gamers and more. Now Twitch is one of the most profitable platforms where a streamer (blogger) plays computer games, holds parties at home, or simply communicates on various topics with the audience in live mode. Subscribers, if they wish, have the opportunity to donate, that is, financial assistance to the blogger.
TikTok is a service with an incredible audience volume. It is believed that in the coming years, this site will become the best place to find influencers with content for all tastes.
How to find an influencer
So, now we know on which sites an ambassador can be found and in which categories they work. Now you can make a rough plan for how to choose it:
- Decide on the budget that you are willing to set aside.
- Select the platform and category of bloggers for your product.
- Study the reputation of the candidates, the activity of the audience, check if their subscribers are cheated.
- Choose the right blogger, discuss the terms, sign the contract.
How much does influencer services cost?
The salaries of ambassadors and influencers are not always standard. Sometimes bloggers can receive as a payment the product that they advertise or discounts on it.
It all depends on the contract. If a monetary payment is prescribed in it, then the microinfluencer can request from $ 100 to $ 400 per month. The price list of top stars and bloggers with a huge audience ranges from $ 10,000. Then everything is calculated based on the number of subscribers, the terms and conditions of the contract. For example, integration into a video on a Wylsacom blogger s channel costs 1,000,000 rubles.
Ambassadors services will include: regular mention of the name of a product or brand, automatic promotion or word of mouth, native broadcast of the brand s values, its corporate identity.
How effective are bloggers services
Working with ambassadors and influencers has a number of advantages:
- New consumers – people who have never seen the company s advertisement at all will take a closer look at the brand.
- Trust in the brand – if you ve picked the right ambassador, then trust in his opinion will carry over to the brand.
- UGC works for you – all the content that will be distributed to the audience of the ambassador (influencer) related to goods or services will attract even more buyers.
With the right approach to choosing an ambassador (influencer), you can carry out a very effective advertising campaign, spending little money on it.