Search suggestions make life much easier for users and save time. As soon as you enter the first letters of the query into the Yandex search bar, the search engine will offer many options for continuing the phrase. All that remains is to choose the appropriate hint.
We will talk about the types of search clues and how they are formed in the article.
Types of prompts
On mobile devices, word suggestions are applied. The user types the first word, after which he is presented with a list of individual words or expressions. When you select one option, other prompts appear that continue the phrase.
The desktop version of the browser uses full-text Yandex hints, which are long whole phrases.
For some of the requests, you can see the answers in the tips themselves, for example, see which city is the capital of a particular state or find out the length of a particular river. The same applies to weather, traffic congestion score, etc.
In addition, factoids are used in mobile browsers. For example, if you enter the word “weather” or “traffic jams”, below the search bar Yandex will show the weather in your city or data on traffic congestion.
Yandex also offers queries based on the search history of a particular user. If you entered the search engine site using your username, you will be offered previously entered queries as search suggestions.
Another type of hints is navigation. If a search engine thinks that the best answer to a user s request is a specific site, a hint with a link to it will be shown first.
How Yandex generates tips
Yandex filters out the entire stream of requests and generates hints taking into account such factors as:
- Language of request input.
- Geolocation – the search engine identifies the groups of the most popular user queries for a specific region, so the tips for Yaroslavl and Samara with the same query will be different.
- The hints in the Yandex search bar take into account not only the region, but also what queries each user entered earlier, and are constantly changing in accordance with the history of queries. So for two people with different histories, when entering the same query, the prompts and search results will be different. The queries that this user types most often in the list of prompts will be highlighted in a different color.
- In addition to the number of direct occurrences of words in search queries, Yandex also takes into account how often a particular phrase occurs within the content.
- Relevance is also important in the process of generating hints, search algorithms determine the value of a hint for each individual user.
- The search engine updates the set of tips every day. With an interval of 30 minutes, Yandex analyzes content with a greater reach (this includes events that have just happened) and offers it to users. The queries that have lost popularity are eliminated.
- Yandex also discards rare requests, filters out requests that include profanity. In addition, typographical errors are corrected in queries.
- The search engine does not allow queries that include calls to violence or cruelty, and phrases with a mention of pornography in the tips.
How to get to Yandex tips
Attempts to get into Yandex hints by cheating a query in search are ineffective. It is much safer to choose “white methods”, which imply building a competent media strategy.
Site content should be relevant to the queries, as well as the needs of the audience. Collaborating with bloggers, connecting a community manager who will work with communities can be beneficial, and some types of offline advertising can also be effective. All of these methods can improve brand awareness. As the recognition of the company grows and the demand for its products or services increases, the chances of getting into Yandex tips increase.
Yandex also offers such a method of native advertising as “Banner over tips”. In 2020, it became possible to launch contextual advertising directly below the search bar.
In addition, teaser ads can be used to attract users to the site. Yandex.Zen channels can also increase conversions and draw additional attention to the company s website.
Collecting the semantic core of the site using hints
SEO specialists, when compiling a list of keys for website promotion, are guided by popular user requests. Search suggestions give a great idea of ??what exactly people are trying to find on a search engine.
Special services – hint parsers – help SEO specialists quickly collect hints and use them as keys, thereby increasing the effectiveness of website promotion.
All types of search suggestions greatly simplify the search due to the fact that the answer to the user s query is displayed already in the process of entering the query, and the algorithm for selecting Yandex suggestions is constantly improving.
The surest way for a company to be on the list of requests is to use classic PR tools and work on increasing brand awareness. The more regularly users search for the company s products for a long time, the more often this brand will be included in the list of Yandex search suggestions.